With over 15 years experience hosting Pow Wows, the committee for the Laurel Highlands Native American Gathering is proud to introduce this new annual event!
Bringing together Native groups from across Western Pennsylvania to host the 4th Annual Laurel Highlands Native American Gathering, we hope that you’ll join us on August 19th and 20th, 2017 at Greenhouse Park in Johnstown, PA. The event will feature dancers from across the nation, native drums, children’s programming, education sessions, entertainment, and games. With your help this Gathering is sure to become one of the best in the nation!
Within this website, you’ll find information for the public, for dancers and vendors, and volunteer opportunities. Here are the important details:
- The event dates are August 19-20, 2017. Gates will open at 10am each day. Grand entry will be promptly (Native American time) at 12pm noon.
- The location for the event is Greenhouse Park 100 Greenhouse Road, Johnstown, PA. There’s plenty of parking, and the venue is a beautiful location.
- The Gathering will feature several different activities, including: a dance circle (open to public, so come learn to dance!), Native drums, entertainment (story tellers, flute players, and more), vendors (with Native wares), activities specifically for children, opportunities to learn more about Native American culture, and great food!
- For more information about Dancing or Vending, please visit our Dancers Page or Vendors Page. Dancers should register in advance, and Vending spaces are limited.
- Is this your first Native American Gathering or Pow Wow? Don’t worry! There will be plenty of teaching going on. We also have an educational section right here on our website. Visit the Education Page to learn more about Pow Wow etiquette, and what to expect.
We look forward to your joining our new Native American family, as well as old familiar faces, celebrating the 4th Annual Laurel Highlands Native American Gathering.